Visit Us Museum Shop Junior Aviator Contact Us
Special Exhibitions Upcoming Displays New Acquisitions
Special Exhibition Heritage Gallery Training Hangar Technology Hangar Hangar 180 External Displays Flying Displays Restoration Projects Behind the Scenes
General Events Aircraft Historical 360° Hangar Views
RAAF Badge RAAF Bases RAAF Units Personnel Records RAAF Aircraft
Volunteers Friends

Aircraft on External Display

Lockheed Hercules A97-214 | Lockheed Hercules A97-160 | Hawker | Bristol Freighter | Bloodhound Missile

Lockheed C-130A Hercules A97-214


Received into RAAF service on 14 January 1959, A97-214 was operated by No 36 Squadron, part of the RAAF's No 86 (Transport) Wing. During A97-214's long service career,   more..


back to top

Lockheed C-130E Hercules A97-160


Delivered from Lockheed in August 1966, A97-160, like all of the RAAF's C-130E aircraft, entered service with No 37 Squadron at RAAF Base Richmond in New South Wales   more..


back to top

Hawker Siddeley HS748 A10-601


Registered G-AVZD to Hawker Siddeley Aviation in December 1967, the museum's aircraft first flew in February 1968. Used as a certification aircraft for Rolls-Royce Dart 8 engines with tropical trials   more..


back to top


Bristol Freighter A81-1


Originally in service with the British Ministry of Supply as G-AIMI and the RAF as WB482, the aircraft was transferred to the RAAF in April 1949 and upon arrival was re-numbered A81-1   more..


back to top

Bristol Bloodhound missile and launcher


Initially code-named Red Duster, development of the Bloodhound surface-to-air missile began in 1949 as a joint project between Bristol Aircraft and Ferranti Electronics   more..


back to top